Wednesday 20 May 2015

Every song is about running (1): When I ran on a hilltop following a pack of wild geese

I don't listen to music while I'm running as much as I used to, but I do on longer solo runs, and one thing I notice after a while is that almost every song is sort of about running, or at least so my mind convinces me as it interprets every thing it hears in relation to the relentless activity of putting one foot in front of the other.

So to start the ball rolling on 'every song is about running', here's some lines from The Band's 'When I Paint my Masterpiece' (written by Bob Dylan) I noticed the other day:

'Train wheels a-running through  the back of my memory,
When I ran on a hilltop following a pack of wild geese,
Someday everything is gonna sound like a rhapsody
When I paint my masterpiece'.

Nice bit of mandolin, too (I occasionally play).

No comments:

Post a Comment